Located in the outer Eastern suburbs of Melbourne the Buddhist Discussion Centre Australia is a not-for-profit, home-grown Australian Buddhist temple supporting the study, practice, realization and preservation of the Buddha’s Teachings … read more
- Bringing Wisdom to Life Book Published
- The Buddhist Discussion Centre Australia has published our first book titled "Bringing Wisdom To Life".This book is a culmination of Teachings given at the Buddhist Discussion Centre Australia over the past forty years. It is a practical guide for implementing the Buddha Dhamma in everyday life.To purchase a copy for $19.95 please email [email]email@example.com[/email]. Click here for further information.
- Children’s Classes in Buddhism in 2019
Classes in Buddhism for children of various ages accompanied by at least one of their parents starting 16 March, 2019.
Classes will be led by professional school teachers who are Members of our centre holding a current Working with Children Check. These classes result from requests from parents wishing to find a place for their children to learn attitudes and behaviours based on Buddhist Teachings.
For further information please email [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] or call Claire on 0425 864 056
- 40th Anniversary Celebrations
The Buddhist Discussion Centre Australia celebrated our 40th Anniversary on Sunday the 9th of September 2018.
Around 135 people attended our celebration including 19 Buddhist Monks and 2 Buddhist Nuns representing many of Melbourne's Buddhist Temples.
The event also included a Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony for a new building to house the Centre's main Buddha image and a book launch.
For more photos please visit our facebook page at Buddhist Discussion Centre Australia
- Buddhist Teaching and Meditation
Weekly Saturday evening Buddhist teaching and meditation class from 7.30pm to 9.30pm guided by a Buddhist Monk or Nun or resident lay teachers.
Classes are free of charge.